I have written a new script which can be used in every Google Ads account. What’s the rule #1 in PPC campaigns? You should never hit your daily budgets. Either you should decrease your CPCs if your CPA is too high OR you should increase your campaign budget to get more conversions.
The new script is called “Budget Watcher” and it helps you not hit your campaign budgets ever again.
What exactly does it do?
- It checks whether you place it into an MCC or into a single account and runs accordingly. Yes, it does not matter if you put it into a single account or into an MCC.
- The script checks campaigns’ costs for yesterday and compares the costs with campaign budgets.
- The script also checks cost in campaigns under a shared budget against the amount of the shared budget. The window is again – “yesterday”.
- If the script sees a campaign or a shared budget which was hit yesterday, it will send you an email with the list of campaigns and shared budgets meeting this condition.
- If the script sees a campaigns or a shared budget “close to being hit”, it will also send you an email. You can define your threshold. The threshold number can be anywhere between 0 and 1. E. g. 0.9 means that if campaign spends 90 and its budget is 100, you will get the notification that this campaign is close to hitting its budget. Again, you will get the list of campaigns/shared budgets meeting this condition.
Alright, how to use the thing?
- Download the script from here.
- Copy the contents of the file and go to script section of either your MCC or to your single Google Ads account
- Create new script
- Paste the code
- Adjust the input parameters at the top of the script:
- Run it.
- Approve all the permissions.
- Schedule it – daily.
- Adjust campaign budgets or your bids based on the received emails.