I have just scored 200th subscriber for this website and it’s time to celebrate with a free Google Ads script. I wrote a script for building negative keyword list which is free to use by anybody. Here is what the script does:
- It creates a new shared negative keyword list (if the list does not exist yet)
- It runs search query report looking for low performing queries (=high cost and no conversions)
- It compares existing keywords in the shared list against the bad queries from the latest run of the search query report
- If the script identifies missing badly performing queries, it will add them as exact negative keyword into the shared list
- It applies the shared list to all active campaigns
- If you buy the full versions, the script sends you confirmation email at the end (you should be using Google account for signing into Google Ads so the email can go out).
Alright, so how to use the thing?
- Download the script – you can get either free or full version. What’s the difference? In the full version, the script will send you an email in case new negative KWs are added. Free version will not send you this notification.DOWNLOAD FREE VERSION BUY FULL VERSION
- Copy the contents of the file and go to script section of your single Google Ads account (=NOT MCC Level)
- Create new script
- Paste the code
- Adjust the input parameters at the top of the script:
- Run preview
- Approve all the permissions
- Run the script for real
- Schedule it – ideally daily.
If you face any issues or the script is not working as expected, let me know in the comment section below!